Google Workspace users can now access a variety of new filter effects on Google Meet on the web and mobile. These filters, such as loghead, strawberry, and working bunny, can help bring an element of fun to meetings. The effects can be found in the effects panel and can be added before or during a call.
Admins can control whether these effects are on or off for their users — by default, this setting is:
- OFF for Google Workspace Education users.
- ON by default for all other Google Workspace editions, including Google Workspace Individual users.
- Admins: To control availability of these effects, navigate to Apps > Google Workspace > Settings for Google Meet > Meet video settings in the Admin console. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to control whether users can change their backgrounds in Meet.
- End users: When enabled by your admin, visit the Help Center to learn more about using video effects and changing your background in Google Meet.
- Note that effects do not “stick” between meetings, calls or breakout rooms and cannot currently be combined with backgrounds or styles.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days feature visibility) starting on December 21, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts