Previously Google Voice customers on the Standard subscription could only assign phone numbers in the country of their subscription. Beginning today, Google Voice customers on the Standard subscription in Canada, Europe and the US can assign phone numbers to any supported country in their region:
- Customers in Europe can assign phone numbers in supported European countries
- Customers in Canada and the US can assign phone numbers in both countries
This change gives our customers on the Standard SKU the flexibility to deploy Voice across the different countries they operate in within the same region. Please note, to assign numbers across regions, for example a customer in Europe requiring US phone numbers, you will need to upgrade to Google Voice Premier.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about how Voice billing works.
- End users: There is no end user action required.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available now for all users.
- Available for Google Voice Standard customers