Since announcing the ability to share where you’re working from directly on Google Calendar, we’ve introduced features that enable better planning around in-person collaboration and meeting coordination, especially in a hybrid work environment. A few include:
- Office Building support for Working Locations
- Encouraging Working Location coverage across organizations
- Increasing efficiency through better meeting room management with room release
Today, we’re adding an update that helps you easily define your work location much quicker with suggested working locations based on your recent locations.
- Admins: Working location is ON by default and can be disabled at the domain or OU level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning working location on or off for users.
- End users: Suggested working locations will appear when setting a custom working location. Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting your working hours & location.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 27, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 13, 2023
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Education Standard, Teaching & Learning Upgrade, and Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Frontline, and legacy G Suite Basic customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts