We are rolling out updates to Google Meet to support our upcoming launch of Google Meet on Poly Android-based appliances. Within the Google admin console, admins can enroll Poly devices and include reporting of these new appliances.
The Google Meet hardware experience will become available in the upcoming Poly OS 4.0 update as part of the Poly Studio X series family.
This update will become available over the next few weeks. However customers and admins can try out this experience ahead of the official Poly OS 4.0 launch by downloading the current beta candidate for their Studio X series device. For more information, please reach out to your Poly account team or reseller.
The Google Meet hardware experience will be available on the Poly Studio X series family once they have been updated to Poly OS 4.0. Admins can enroll these devices and manage them as part of the regular Google Admin console experience. The Poly Studio X family offers appliances of all sizes: Studio X30 for small rooms, Studio X50 for medium rooms, and Studio X70 for large rooms.
This latest update will make it easier for customers currently using the Studio X line to switch to Google Meet from other conferencing platforms. It also offers new customers more choice and flexibility in their hardware options for Google Meet.
Google Meet on Poly Android appliances require Google Meet hardware licenses; these can be purchased through authorized resellers. Please contact your existing Google Meet hardware or Poly reseller for more details.
- Studio X Series appliances will need to be updated to Poly OS 4.0 via the Poly Admin settings page in order to select Google Meet as the Conferencing Partner Application.
- Once updated and conferencing partner is set to Google Meet, follow the on-device prompts to enroll the device onto the Google Meet hardware admin console
- Google Meet on Poly Android appliances require Google Meet hardware licenses, please reach out to an Google Meet Hardware reseller.
- End users: No action required. Once a Studio X Series device has been successfully enrolled, you can join Google Meet meetings normally.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature availability) beginning March 9, 2023
- Available on Poly X30, X50 and X70 with support for additional Poly devices will be added over time
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers