It’s now easier to configure and use Cloud Search search filters and facets with multiple enhancements to our existing functionalities. With this launch, you can use the Cloud Search Query API to configure new additional capabilities:
- Faceting support for integer type fields, such as priority levels for support tickets or the number of pages in a document
- Out of the box Faceting support for document size, document creation, and custom date fields
- New default reserved operators for document size and created date fields
- Simplified Query API response with filters being directly provided in the response
Expanding filter options creates a more user friendly search experience, making it easier and faster to narrow search results to the most relevant documents.
- Admins and developers: See our developer documentation for more information about using new facet enhancements
- End users: There is no end user action required. You will automatically see new filter options once your admin has configured them
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to Google Cloud Search Customers