“External” labels will be available in Google Meet. Users will see a label in the top-left corner of their meeting screen indicating that participants who are external to the meeting host’s domain have joined the meeting. In the people panel, external participants will be denoted with the same icon.
- Admins: External labels will be on by default and can be configured in the Admin console at Apps > Google Workspace > Google Meet > Google Meet Safety Settings. Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Meet settings for your users.
- End users: No end user action is required — you’ll see warning labels for external participants when configured by your admin.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on March 14, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 23, 2023
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Education Standard, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, Frontline, and Nonprofits customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts