In January 2022, we announced the general availability of translated captions in Google Meet. Translated captions provide real-time translations of the speaker's language, helping to make meetings more inclusive and collaborative for meeting participants.
We’re expanding on this feature and beginning today, you can:
- Translate English calls into Japanese, Mandarin (simplified), and Swedish
- Translate French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish calls into English
Additionally, standard captions are now available in Japanese, Russian, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Mandarin (traditional). Visit the Help Center for a complete list of available languages.
Some languages will include a “Beta” tag as we continue to optimize performance and introduce additional languages over time. We will continue to provide updates on the Workspace Updates blog as more languages become available.
- You can use live translated captions if the meeting is organized by a user with an eligible Google Workspace edition.
- Captions are available for all users.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on December 16, 2022
- Available for meetings organized by Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Starter, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, and the Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers