Quick launch summary
To provide more control over your calendar, we’re adding a new option to choose which holidays to display. Previously, we showed all holidays for regions you select, including official public holidays (such as thanksgiving in the US, or the summer bank holiday in the UK), as well as unofficial other holidays (such as Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day). Now, you can choose if you want to see:
- Public holidays and other holidays: Will continue to display all holidays, as it does today.
- Public holidays only: Will only show official public holidays for your region.
- Admins: This new option will be available to users by default. The default will remain to show all holidays, so there will be no change unless a user specifically changes it.
- End users: To manage holidays on your calendar, go to Google Calendar on the web and go to Settings > Add Calendar > Browse Calendars of Interest > Regional holidays, or on Mobile go to Settings > Holidays > Regional holidays. Use our Help Center to learn more about managing holidays in Google Calendar.
Google Calendar on the web and Android
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available now for all users.
Google Calendar in iOS
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 25, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers, as well as users with personal Google accounts.