Quick launch summary
|Where the meeting is Generated||How long the meeting code is valid|
Meeting codes expire when the following two conditions are met:
1) The meeting code has not been used for 365 days, and
2) The meeting code isn’t associated with any future calendar events.
Note: If a code is created in another product and pasted in a Calendar invite, the code will expire according to the product it was generated from.
|Gmail and the Google Meet homepage||Meeting codes expire 365 days after last use.|
|Google Chat and Google Hangouts||Meeting codes expire 365 days after last use.|
|Breakout Rooms||Breakout rooms expire instantly once the parent meeting ends.|
|Jamboard and Meeting room hardware||Meeting code expires instantly once all users leave the meeting.|
Note: Available to Google Workspace subscribers only.
|Meeting code expires instantly once all users leave the meeting.|
|Google Classroom||Meeting code expires instantly once all users leave the meeting.|
|Other Third Party Applications||Meeting codes expire 365 days after last use. If someone uses the code within the 365 day window, then it will add another 365 days to the shelf life.|
Meeting code generated by speaking into your Nest device and saying “Hey, Google start a meeting” expires 365 days after last use.
For users in the Google Workspace with Google Assistant Beta: Meeting generated by usage of meeting nicknames, expire instantly after the last user leaves.
- Admins and end users: We recommend reviewing the meeting code expiry limits to ensure your meeting codes are valid, especially for meetings planned far in advance.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 19, 2021.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts